SCCA Big Sky Region 38 is based in northwest Montana and hosts SCCA Solo Autocross events during the warmer months.
What is Autocross? Using traffic cones to make a mini-road course in a large parking lot and see who can drive it the quickest without hitting any cones or going off course. Generally only one or two cars on course at a time.
Despite the generally low speeds attained during competition, it’s one of the fastest paced, rapid-fire forms of Motorsports you can find, with barriers to entry so low that many people are able to compete and be competitive at it.
Here is all you need to come out and race:
- Drivers license (under 18 years old, requires signed parental consent form).
- A safe car in good working order (must pass safety inspection).
- Good brakes and tires with plenty of tread.
- Working seat belts for the driver and passenger.
- An approved helmet (loaner helmets available).
- Closed-toe shoes.